The week in Internet. Useful resources for creative professionals.
- PC Part Picker is a website where you can check your custom-built
PCHackintosh’s parts lists for compatibility & price.
- Siftery, an online software tool that lets you showcase what online software tools you use, and browse those used by other companies. (no joke, this sounds very useful)
- Overpass is a free, open-source typeface based on Highway Gothic. Looks great on-screen, and works on the web as well. (see also: Clear Sans, Input)
- World Market, Lumens, Shades of Light — Places to shop for lighting fixtures (Thanks Betsy Helmuth)
- Use these “hidden” Instagram features for better experience in the app
- Marie Poulin offers answers to the question “Why should I hire you?”
- How Allen Brouwer used Instagram Promos to drive traffic and sales.
- Molly Young reviews four productivity-focused books, all in the effort to reduce distraction in this crazy world.
- Christina Canters recounts 15 Lessons Learned from her Podcast Guests in 2015
- What Cathryn Lavery learned from attending a Tony Robbins seminar
- Futurists imagine what the offices will look like in 2030. (Honestly, I can live without all this stuff, save the nap room, which we need stat.)