Christina Canters (@CJCanters) is the founder of The C-Method and host of the Stand Out Get Noticed podcast. Her work as a speaking and confidence coach has taken her around the world, including recent appearances in Chicago, Florida, and New York City.
This talk, recorded live at the New York City Podcast Meetup on July 12, 2016, features Christina coaching our members — most of whom are podcasters themselves — on how to speak better, have more confidence, and express their most authentic selves behind the mic, and in person.
Get The Episode
- Download The Busy Creator Podcast, Episode 87B (MP3, 52:01, 18.9 MB)
- Download The Busy Creator Podcast, Episode 87B (OGG, 52:01, 22.9 MB)
Subscribe to Get New Episodes
Show Notes & Links
- The New York City Podcast Meetup
- Recorded at Vector Media
- Americans love to approach people and talk about nothing
- Prescott appeared on The C-Method on the topic of avoiding awkwardness
“If you want to grow and building your own confidence, you've gotta push yourself out of your comfort zone.”
“To build your confidence as a speaker, you must know your value.”
- Christina plays the ukulele
- Amy Cuddy TED talk on body language
“You don't have to be great to get started, but you have to get started to be great.”
- [Presentation Skills for Design Students](http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/christina-canters/presentation-skills-for-design-students “Presentation Skills for Design Students”:), Christina’s first podcast
- Mark Manson’s Blog
Steal Like An Artist by Austin Kleon on Amazon
- Christina’s notes from Podcast Movement 2016
- Obvious to You. Amazing to Others by Derek Sivvers
- Pat Flynn
- Andrew Warner
- The C-Method
- Christina Canters on Twitter
- Christina Canters on Facebook
- Christina Canters on Instagram
- Christina Canters on LinkedIn
- Christina Canters on YouTube
- Ask three people “What do I do well?” and “Why is this important?”
- Create a folder called “Crush It” in Evernote. Save screenshots of praise.
- Watch your language; avoid “just” and “only”
- Practice confident body language; hold the superhero pose for 2 minutes
- Paint a picture of your ideal audience
- Stop caring what other people think
- Focus on the 33% who really appreciate you, the rest will follow
Try Audible.com Free for 30-Days
Visit BusyCreatorBook.com for your free trial
Join the Discussion
Add your experiences in the Comments section below.
Enjoyed this article?
More insight and resources delivered in our newsletter. Sign up below to receive site updates.