Laura Thomas (@Laura_Raptor) is a writer living and working in Canada. Previously, she published a full-length novel, but has changed her focus to the short form novella, especially in the Erotica genre. Laura has created a productive workflow and lifestyle that allows her to publish up to three stories per week to online and via electronic platforms like the Amazon Kindle.
Get The Episode
- Download The Busy Creator Podcast, Episode 14 (MP3, 47:50, 69 MB)
- Download The Busy Creator Podcast, Episode 14 (OGG, 47:50, 44.5 MB)
Subscribe to Get New Episodes
Show Notes & Links
- A smart phone, for recording thoughts/ideas on the go
- Living room PC, for streaming videos and Google Docs, etc.
- MS Word
- Amazon (Amazon Canada)
- Barnes & Noble (in Britain, but not yet Canada)
- Twitter is the number 1 platform for communicating/promoting
- DeviantArt (for book covers with some text explanation)
- GoodReads, hit or miss from a promotion point of view
- Audible, and their star-rating
- KDP Select, for Kindle
- Reddit, if you find the right communities
- Use a crummy computer to avoid distractions while writing
- Use a different computer in a different setting to see a document with fresh eyes
- As the document evolves, use an e-reader to keep things fresh
- Format the text for each format, following guidelines for each publishing platform and device
- Write three books to sell as a bundle (buy two get the third free)
- Try disconnecting from the Internet to actually get something done
- Create a morning routine, as you would for a job
- Keep the “lunch break” brief
- Treat writing — and promotions — like a full-time job
- Some kind of media (like television) in the background
Try Audible.com Free for 30-Days
Visit BusyCreatorBook.com for your free trial
Join the Discussion
Add your experiences in the Comments section below.
Enjoyed this article?
More insight and resources delivered in our newsletter. Sign up below to receive site updates.