Ladies and Gentleman of the Internet, I present to you Episode 1 of The Busy Creator Podcast!
In this inaugural episode, I chat with Charles Penn, music producer and audio engineer. Our discussion meanders and covers topics as diverse as microphones, audio software and sound manipulation, and even some backup strategy. It’s the first episode so we’re still figuring out some sound. Thanks for joining in the fun.
Get The Episode
- Download The Busy Creator Podcast, Episode 1 (MP3, 19:17, 28.2 MB)
- Download The Busy Creator Podcast, Episode 1 (OGG, 19:17, 13.7 MB)
Subscribe to Get New Episodes
Show Notes & Links
- Charles Penn studied at Full Sail
- Sound “Art” and Sound Design
- Audio editing software: Logic
- Foley, sound effects inserted into movies/tv
- Anechoic Chamber, a room with no echoes
- When the audio out of sync with the video
- Charles prefers rhythm first (not melody)
- Duke Ellington, who wrote songs on line at the dentist
- Dynamic vs. Condenser microphones
- Multitrack recorders
- Room Tone
- Two Turntables and a Microphone
- Plantronics headset mics
“There are two types of people: Those who do back up, and those who *will* back up.”
- Apple Logic Pro X, for audio editing
- Start with the rhythm first, then add melody. Or not.
- The first step is to take the first step.
- Back up your work. Right now.
Try Audible.com Free for 30-Days
Visit BusyCreatorBook.com for your free trial
Join the Discussion
Add your experiences in the Comments section below.
Enjoyed this article?
More insight and resources delivered in our newsletter. Sign up below to receive site updates.