Christina Canters (@cjcanters) is an architect-turned-entrepreneur who left her native Melbourne, Australia to travel the world as she builds her new consulting and teaching business, Design Draw Speak.
This conversation focuses on travel, as well as the mindset and preparation required to build a new business on the road. Christina and Prescott share their war stories — and fond memories — from travels and studies abroad, and commiserate about the prices of certain goods in different places. Keep up with Christina and her travels via her blog, Kips and Kale.
Get The Episode
- Download The Busy Creator Podcast, episode 23 (MP3, 39:18, 38.2 MB)
- Download The Busy Creator Podcast, episode 23 (OGG, 39:18, 36.4 MB)
Subscribe to Get New Episodes
Show Notes & Links
- Christina is on the road, speaking from Austin, TX. As of publishing, she’s in Thailand.
- Podcast Movement
- Design Draw Speak, helps architects become better communicators
- Christina is a former architect
- Design Draw Speak started as a podcast, and has branched out to coaching and teaching
- Social Media Marketing World
- Tropical MBA Podcast
- Cost of living for cities around the world
- “Your job is a Horcrux; you’re dividing your soul.”
- How are you going to pay the bills on day one?
- Melbourne is 12% cheaper than in New York City, according to Expatistan
- Transportation of goods over land and their costs, as discussed in The Wealth of Nations
- Prescott watches a lot of HGTV and DIY Network
- How to repair a crack in the drywall, on YouTube
- The Australian Diaspora, mostly in the EU, UK, and US
- Spirit Airlines, the worst according to The Consumerist
- Before you leave for a trip, transfer stuff to cloud storage and get rid of a lot of your crap
- Travel light. Literally, and spiritually.
- Don’t mind the clunky video edits
- Go to lots of events, especially in a new city
- Wake up early, before the world is up
- Celebrate what you got done by mid-day
- Eat right and exercise, even from the road
- Build a workflow you can torture-test. Print receipts, save a PDF, keep backups. Save multiple copies and don’t rely on a single point of failure.
Try Audible.com Free for 30-Days
Visit BusyCreatorBook.com for your free trial
Join the Discussion
Leave a comment below to participate in the conversation.