The week in Internet. Useful resources for creative professionals.
- Noizio is a free app for Mac that plays configurable white noise
- Slack is introducing video calls as a native feature. Goodnight Skype and Hangouts!
- FacedIn is a Chrome extension to turn your Facebook into LinkedIn (so you can use it at work?)
- A Method to rip TypeKit webfonts for use on the desktop. Caveats galore, this is a hack, and a convoluted one at that.
- Designing for AppleTV — a guide
- Paul Boag, Marcus Lillington, and Leigh Howells discuss their daily productivity habits and hacks, especially aimed at staying motivated and productive when faced with the option of doing nothing and going back to sleep. (I know that struggle!)
- The “I Don’t Feel Like It” Fallacy — notes on mental barriers and keeping habits, from Darya Rose
- B&H Photo, the landmark photo, video, and electronics store in NYC, has been served with a discrimination lawsuit by the US Government. Oops.
- A new podcast, Obsessed With Design, hosted by past TBC guest Josh Miles, is live on iTunes. Listen and Subscribe. (Psst, the first episode features fellow TBC guest Debbie Millman)