Walé Ogundipe (@kopasetik) is a user experience designer who has worked in a variety of industries including the music industry, broadcasting, marketing, film & video, and now online and mobile application development.
Get The Episode
- Download The Busy Creator Podcast, Episode 21 (MP3, 48:51, 47.2 MB)
- Download The Busy Creator Podcast, Episode 21 (OGG, 48:51, 51.6 MB)
Subscribe to Get New Episodes
Subscribe to The Busy Creator Podcast on Apple Podcasts, on Google Podcasts, on Stitcher, on iHeart
Show Notes & Links
- Experience Design
- Service Design
- Zaks Building Blocks; Not Lego
- “The Radio Voice”
- Walé worked at Mapflix
- Walé learned about distributed teams from co-workers who move frequently
- TechCrunch Disrupt Hackathon
- The Busy Creator Podcast Bonus Episode (July 2014)
- Hi-fi Lighter (née Keyoto), currently a Chrome extension
- The Evernote API
- API, a definition
- Uses for Hi-Fi Lighter include journalists, academics, etc.
- Bibliography formatting: MLA style, APA style, etc.
- BuzzFeed fires writer for improper attribution
- Andreesen Horowitz
- Origin of the phrase “Barbarians at The Gate”
- Sharks must keep moving to stay alive
- General Assembly
- Small Biz Dev Hackathon in Chicago
- The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith on Amazon and on Audible
- The Art of War by Sun Tzu on Amazon and on Audible
- Marcus Aurelius, the Philosopher-Emporer
- The Invisible Hand
- Baratunde Thurston
- “Bite-size project”, aka Design Sprints, can be healthy within the design industry.
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries on Amazon and on Audible
- Fast Company on Hackathons
- Blake Stratton on The Busy Creator Podcast
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven Covey on Amazon and on Audible
- Sears Hackathon
- The Onion
- Hi-Fi Lighter
- Google Keep
- Action Method notebooks & methodology
- Keep snippets of code/markup for yourself in Google Keep
- Keep your grocery list in Google Keep
- Only work with committed people
- Appreciate the busy season, and recover after
- Create an “idea box” from an empty tissue box
- Miniature check-ins with yourself (30min intervals) and with your team (120min intervals)
- Be in constant motion
- Put first things first
- Take a “cheat day” for other aspects of your life. Have time to relax.
Try Audible.com Free for 30-Days
Visit BusyCreatorBook.com for your free trial
Join the Discussion
Add your experiences in the Comments section below.
Enjoyed this article?
More insight and resources delivered in our newsletter. Sign up below to receive site updates.